Monday, 14 September 2009
TOP TEN AFRICAN COUNTRIES IN INTERNET USE
Top Ten African Countries in Internet Use
Internetworld stats has published a list of the top ten African Countries in Internet useage. The top ten Africa has 51,065,630 users and an internet penetration of 6.7% which is way below the world average of 24.7%.
1. Egypt - 12 Million users access the internet daily from Egypt, which has overtaken Nigeria in daily internet usage, Egypt has a total population of 78,866, 635
2. Nigeria - 11 million users access the internet daily from Africa's most populus country. population of over 140 million. The Figure keeps on raising as fibre optic is going to be installed in the country.
3. Morocco - 10.3 million users respectively uses the internet daily, Morocco, officially called the Kingdom of Morocco, is a country with a population of nearly 32 million people.
4. South Africa comes in at fourth with 4.6 million users, this is the first country that has show a drop in the daily useage. Last year the country had an impressive figure of 5.1 million daily usage. The country has a population of 49 million people.
5. Sudan - 3.8 Million people use the internet daily, It is the largest country in Africa and in the Arab World and the country is the tenth largest in the world by area. The country has a population of 42 million people.
6. Algeria - 3.5 million people use the internet daily, It is the largest country on the Mediterranean sea, the second largest on the African continent and the eleventh-largest country in the world in terms of land area. It has a population of 34 million people.
7. Kenya - 3.4 Million people use the internet daily, Kenya spans an area about 85% the size of France . The population has grown rapidly in recent decades to nearly 38 million. Kenya has numerous wildlife reserves, containing thousands of animal species. The country has a population 39 million people.
8. Tunisia - 2.8 Million people use the internet daily, it has a population of 10 million people and Tunisia is ranked high in economic term among Arab and African nations in reports released by The World Economic Forum.
9. Uganda - 2.5 million people use the internet daily, the country has a population of 32 million people. Uganda has lots of natural resources, including fertile soils, and sizable mineral deposit of copper and cobalt. The country also have large untapped reserves of both crude oil and natural gas.
10. Zimbabwe - 1.4 million people use the internet daily. The country has a population of 12 million peole. Mineral exports, agriculture, and tourism are the main foreign currency earners of Zimbabwe. The mining sector remains very lucrative, with some of the world's largest platinum reserves.